Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week Three

Our third week is shaping up to be a great one. Much of the training we have been doing so far will be put to the test this week. We will be in the field for three days.

Our plan for the week includes some really "fun" stuff like marching with our full packs, sleeping in the middle of nowhere, navigating through a swamp, doing PT and not getting to take a shower after, all the regular things that make for a wonderful vacation. LOL

Well, actually there really will be some cool stuff about this week: We will have an opportunity to set up a worship area in the field and have a worship service. I hope we learn how to create an outdoor pool for baptisms and some other related things. -Maybe we'll have to recruit some volunteers to get baptized. But I hope it won't be in the swamp.


John M

2 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

I spent some time visiting with Sheri and the girls this morning. I don't know when I've ever felt more sorry for an animal than I felt for Coda today. Julia dressed him up like she did in the pictures they sent to you so I could see how he looked - that POOR dog! Then, to add insult to injury, I didn't bring Lottie with me so he could play. But I do have to say that Coda was very friendly to me today - more friendly than he's ever been. I think he misses you, as does the rest of your family! Hope all is going well and I am praying for you.
Blessings, Shanna

Pastor John said...

Thanks Shanna,

Yes, I am very sad for Coda too. I just got the pictures of Coda all dresed up like, well, I am not sure, but I guess a man can't even trust his dog to be safe when he is away... ;( Its a very sad world we live in.

-John