Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HOOAH!

The first three days of Chaplain School have been mostly easy and full of paperwork, getting equipment issued (Kevlar), buying uniforms, hearing about military protocol and just settling in.

I have to admit, I am happy about how light the workload has been, however, I am told that after Friday, that all changes.

Friday morning we take our initial physical assessment: 2 mile run, push-ups, and sit-ups etc. I hear that after that day, the Drill Instructors have very little mercy from then on.

HOOAH! This is a phrase that we yell out when our drill instructors give us any kind of information that is "HOOAH" worthy. It generally means everything except "NO".

I hope to have some pictures posted in the next few days.

HOOAH!

-John

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooah!
It rained today in Idaho!
Hooah!

Pastor John said...

That's awesome. It has been very cool here but no rain.

Friday is my first PT Test, maybe it will rain and they'll have to cancel... wishful thinking..

LOL

John

Unknown said...

In Philip Yancey's book that I'm reading he just covered this kind of "wishful" thinking. Like a man praying that God would protect him from lung cancer whiled still smoking. Or a parent praying for good weather for a child's soccer game while a farmer is praying for rain.

I'll just be praying for you. LOL

Pastor John said...

Thanks brother, I can always count on you to bring perspective.

lol

-John M

Shanna Locker said...

Hi Pastor John, Lottie and Coda had their play time together on Tuesday. I think Coda misses you. Talked with Sheri today - they miss you too. I'm planning on going over Friday night for the Acteens get together; hope I can be around a bunch of teenage girls and not start missing Christine... I've been praying for you and hope all goes well. In Christ, Shanna

Pastor John said...

Thanks Shanna,

I appreciate the prayer time.

I just finished eating my pasta and I am about to head to bed to get up at 3:30am for a initial PT test It's push-ups, sit-ups and a 2 mile run.

Thanks for keeping Coda AND my girls busy.

-John