Friday, September 21, 2007

APFT - Army Physical Fitness Test


(Theses are file photos of what it looks like - not actually our class)
This morning I got up at 3:30am to be ready to head out on time for my PT (Physical Training)Test. By the time we made it to the field and track area, it was still dark for the rest of time we spent there.

I knew I would not pass the weight requirement but I gave it my all on everything else. I completed the required 30 push-ups for my age and fell short on sit-ups but I came in over 2 minutes early on my required time for my run. I did it in 16:11 and it had to be done within 18:30 for my age - 8 minute miles. By the way, I am 42.
This was the initial test and does not count for the final grade, however those who did not pass will be assigned extra PT. WOO HOO and HOOAH!!!
Keep praying for me...I can feel it.
-John M




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Johnny Go!
I'll see if I can get two of those 8 min miles in tonight when I run at the High School.

Pastor John said...

I have an opinion as to how I ran faster than I have in a long time: I think that it was a combination of all those fast runners around me carrying me along, and that fact that it was dark (0500) and I had no landmark reference to gague my speed and slow me down other than other runners.

I suppose maybe I should run with my eyes closed...well, maybe not.

LOL

Have a great run.. BTW how did the Rim to Rim go?


-John