Thursday, September 27, 2007

Every Day Is A Good Day

Waiting in Line to go in.


Today I had an extraordinary experience. I was gassed with CS Gas. Well, most people wouldn't consider being gassed as 'extraordinary', but God is good and everyday is a extraordinary day when you give it to Him.

The answer is YES! It burns, it hurts, and it makes you want to run and hide. But after it was all said and done I actually was glad I did it.
CS gas is the common name for 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile (also called o-Chlorobenzylidene Malononitrile) (chemical formula: C10H5ClN2), and used primarily in riot control and military training.

The point of our training believe it or not, is not to gas us, as much as it is to build our confidence in the equipment we are issued. When we walk into the gas chamber we all have our gas masks donned. As you stand there, you begin to realize that they work quite well at keeping the gas out. But once you are given the order to remove the mask all bets are off. You know at that moment that you want the mask back on or to get out.

Here are a couple of quick shots of the day:
In the Smoke House

This little vacation of mine makes me want to say..."Wish You Were Here"!
-John


1 comment:

Shanna Locker said...

I remember my brother telling about his experience in the gas chamber. I don't think it sounds like a lot of fun. But it sounds like your time there is passing quickly and that you are enjoying the experiences.
You are in my prayers, Shanna