Thursday, September 13, 2007

SWAT

The Twin Falls High School Bible Club is called SWAT. "Students With A Testimony"

I really enjoyed my time with the students today, and even more so by encouraging them to stand up as believers on campus.

We talked a little about Overcoming the temptation to live like the world on campus and to live with the Mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5-7)

We talked a little about a strategy to beat temptation when it strikes by using the "5 Second Rule".

When you are tempted - at that very instant, you take the first 2 seconds to say "No, Get out of My Head" then take the last 3 seconds to say "God, in the name of Jesus, help me. Save me now, I am yours."

When that doesn't work, and if you can't physically escape the situation or environment, then you set your mind on things above or replace the image in your mind with a more appropriate image.

For example: If I have the temptation to lust, and you use the 5 Second Rule" and the temptation is still present, then you can replace the present visual in your mind with Christ on the cross suffering for the very sin you are tempted to make.

You immediately transport youself to Calvary instead of the place your mind is fighting to keep.

It is very tough to sin when your mind is filled with the image of Jesus' sacrifice and his love for you.

We closed our time by singing some worship songs. All in all it was a great day at SWAT. I hope I will be invited back soon.

No comments: