Thursday, September 13, 2007

Youth/Student Ministry

I had a great time in Youth Group on Wednesday of this week. The students responded well to our lesson time and I am so excited for them to be back on their campuses again.

Our students are at a place in time in their lives that we have all been at one time as well. They are, in a manner of speaking, on a mission trip to a country that is closed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

When several of our church members were in regions of the world this past February where sharing the Gospel is punishable by death, we knew that if we made an attempt to intentionally convert people to Jesus Christ we would get kicked out of the country or go to jail and possibly be killed for our "crimes".

But at our public schools you and I are still barred from coming on campus and talking about Jesus.....Except for the students... They are still free (for the most part) to be who they are, and talk about what they want to talk about. They can have Bible studies, sing praise songs, and share the love of Christ with each other. Not even their teachers have this freedom.

But..... They also have one more freedom that is really cool. They can invite and adult to come on campus to talk about Jesus. Yup you heard it right. I was invited by the President of the Student Bible Club at Twin Falls High School, Chance Requa, to come and speak to the SWAT Club (Bible Club) this Thursday September 13th.

I asked Chance what he wanted me to talk about and he said that he wanted me to talk about worship. I asked him if I could bring my guitar and if we could sing some praise songs, and he got really excited and said yes.

So, here I go on a "One-Day-Mission-Trip" to a "Closed-To-The-Gospel-Country" by invitation of the locals. Pray for me... Pray for them...


-John M

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey John,
I'm praying for you today as you go. Let them hear from God as you speak of His glory.

Pastor John said...

Thanks bro.

It went great 25 -30 students.

-John