Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Pictures I Promised You!

Here are a few shots some of the other Chaplains have been taking.
These guys are great to be with and are very motivated.
I am blessed to be counted among them.

Chaplain Luis Figueroa and me.




Trying it on for the first time










Here I am on Belay as Chaplain Wakeland
Rappels down the tower.






Making our way up and down the ropes!





Our first week came to a close with with a great day on the ropes course. What a time of motivation, and quite honestly a lot of fun. Can you believe they are paying me to do this stuff?


After a long day it sure is nice to get back to my very comfortable room. I feel ashamed that our rooms are so nice when the privates that are going through basic training sleep in barracks with 40 to a room. But that only last for a second or two after my head hits the pillow.
Yes, that is a TV in my room,
And there is another one with a
DVD/VCR player in the living area
Of my apartment as well.

2 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

It is nice to know that you are having fun - although for the life of me I can't say climbing ropes would be fun! Thanks for posting the new pictures, I'm sure Sheri and the girls love seeing them.
Praying for you, Shanna

Pastor John said...

They did.

Got more coming.

Thanks for reading.

-John