Saturday, September 22, 2007

One Week - HOOAH!


This is the Chaplain Logo and Crest
Pro Deo Et Patria means:
"For God And Country"
(in that order)


Today is one week! I arrived here at Fort Jackson last Saturday night and stumbled around in the dark finding my building; most of the stumbling-around has subsided, but everyday is a new day.





In about one hour our class is marching out to "Victory Tower" for a day of rappelling down a 60 foot wall. WOO HOO! sounds like a lot of fun. I think I am going to like this. I hope to also have pictures from this in a later post. (we'll see)





Tomorrow may actually be our first day off (Sunday), but we are still required to visit worship services of different faiths from our own. Everything from Muslim to LDS to Catholic Mass. This I am sure will be very educating.

Keep Praying For Me - I really do appreciate even the brief prayers whispered as you go about your day.



Thanks for Faithfully Reading,

-John M

No comments: