Monday, March 31, 2008

Planes Trains and Automobiles (minus the trains)

I am writing to you from the lonely and very quiet Gate #38 in the Las Vegas Airport. The reason for it's current state is because it's 2:30 am.

I am waiting for my flight which is scheduled to leave at 6:20am (four more hours) to Salt Lake City. I should arrive in Salt Lake in time to take the "Salt Lake Express" ( a bus shuttle service to Twin Falls).

Why the strange schedule? Well, its all mostly in the name of saving money.

As most of you know I drove to Colorado with Shari and the girls to celebrate Shari's mother's 60th birthday. We drove up Thursday and my plan was to fly back Sunday after Church in order to get back to the office by Monday morning. (Wishful Thinking)

Mostly my attempt to save a few bucks has really created a two-day flight and a shuttle tag-on and very droopy-bloodshot eyes.

So, after starting from Buena Vista, (where Shari's parents live) on Sunday afternoon, we drove to Colorado Springs for my flight which left at 10:06 pm to arrive in Las Vegas, NV at about 12:13am to wait for a flight to depart at 6:20am and arrive in Salt Lake around 8:00am to wait for the shuttle which leaves at 10:00am from SLC travelling to Pocatello and then finally arriving in Twin Falls at 3:45pm.

Flight = $150

Shuttle = $32.50

Getting a direct flight to Twin Falls next time = PRICELESS


See you when I get home. :)

-John M

4 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

I'm getting sleepy just reading about it. In Dec. I had a 3 hour wait in an airport and know just how boring it can be - but an overnight long boring wait sounds about as fun as going to the dentist for a root canal!
Hope you arrive home and can take a nice long nap - Coda may even join you...
~Shanna~

Unknown said...

Welcome home brother. I hear what you're saying about the direct flight to Twin Falls; Priceless.

Pastor John said...

Thanks Shanna and Paul, I did get home and actually got to bed early (before nine) and yes, Coda did join me.

Ahhhhh! My bed is so much better than the Airport floor.

-John

Shari said...

Sorry for the rough travel!! But I know that your being here meant the world to Mom. It wouldn't have been as special of a celebration without her FIRST son-in-law. Love you and we will see you soon.