Monday, October 22, 2007

I Didn't Need That Anyway!



Evidently there are few body parts that a person can get along without. The Gall Bladder is on that list, and it is no longer in my body.

Yup, The Dr. said he was in favor of removing mine since it was a little on the 'angry-side'.

It all began on Wednesday of this week: I attended a commander's briefing during my lunch break for a "Prayer Breakfast" coming up at the end of Phase One.

After the meeting, I realized I didn't have enough time to go back to my room and prepare a lunch, so I took the easy way out and zipped over to Burger King.

I don't know if I consider that providence or the straw that broke the camel's back, but it set into motion an event in my life that is of grand proportion.

The Double Whopper with Cheese and Extra Large Fries and 44oz Dr. Pepper sat at the top of my 'gut' for the rest of the afternoon.

It literally felt like it was stuck in my stomach and it began to hurt a whole lot. That evening our platoon went for a 'Run' for extra PT and it started to feel a little better.

But, later on that night the pain came back and by then it was getting worse and it wouldn't go away. I couldn't sleep and the pain in my belly made the rest of my body ache.

By 2230hrs (10:30pm) I was in the hospital telling the ER Doctor my story and the rest is history. After several tests and some X-Rays, she recommended that I receive an Ultra Sound the next morning and it was at that time they discovered my Gall Bladder was full of stones.

By then I had seen three doctors and they were all were saying the same thing. Surgery!

By Thursday afternoon I was in surgery and by dinner time that night I was waking up in a room with several Chaplains standing around my bed smiling and wanting to pray with me.

Today is Monday and I have to admit that I have no idea where the weekend went. But this is what I do know:

  • I only stayed in the hospital one night.
  • I was checked out the next morning by 9:00am.
  • I know that I went back to my room and did as much sleeping as possible.
  • I think I remember going to Church on Sunday morning.
  • I don't remember Sunday afternoon or evening (very well).
  • I spent all day on Monday (today) in class. (I'm pretty sure).
  • I took a test today (and I passed).
  • I did a Commander's Briefing this afternoon (and I passed)
  • I attended a Platoon Dinner in honor of those students leaving after Phase One.
  • I recall coming into my room about an hour ago and sat down to finally write in my BLOG.

Other than that, I don't remember much. LOL

God is good. It is amazing how His timing is perfect. Through His providence, I was able to extend my time at Chaplain School to include these past two weeks.

Had I eaten the Whopper in Twin Falls, I would be laying in a hospital in Idaho and I would be paying my share of the hospital bills and not allowing my dear Uncle Sam to pick up the bill 100%. Thank You Lord! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Plus when it comes to my Gall Bladder, "I Didn't That Anyway!"

-John

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hi Honey!! Great reading your blog, except you actually had surgery on Friday and not Thursday ;-)!! Like you said....the last few days had been a blur. Love you and see you in 3 days/ nine hours!!!!!!

Pastor John said...

Oopps... I guess you're right. I am realy messed up on time. The Oxyconton is really strong stuff.

-Whew!