Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Going Home - Coming Home

Today is Wednesday and I can almost taste the fresh Idaho air. Everything is shaping up for my departure from Fort Jackson here in South Carolina and on Friday evening I will be in Twin Falls and I can't wait.

I have had the most tremendous time with these Godly Chaplains as the Cadre have worked to develop us as the next phase of the Army's finest.

We have no doubt developed relationships that will last the rest of our lives. I don't know if we will see each other again on this side of heaven but I do know that while I will be doing what God has called me to do in Idaho, they will be working to do a similar task in a whole other part of the world.

"Rick" has been one of these men. He is a published author of a great book for pastors/ministers. He has been a true friend and I think the world of him and what God has called him to do.

I did have a chance to meet his family and even spend some time walking the mall and having dinner with them a couple of times. They are really a blessed support system to him more than he knows. They are visibly proud of their Chaplain-Dad/Husband, and it is really cool to see them watch him.

His first posting will be abroad with his entire family, and I have not seen a more eager group to leave home and live on the other side of the globe. Thanks for being my friend "Rick".

There are equally many more with similar stories and goals of serving the King. I am humbled to be counted among these Godly Chaplains, and I also amazed once again that God has graciously called me to this great task. Pray for me.

-John

1 comment:

Shari said...

Those godly men have been a huge blessing to me as well. John, PLEASE let them know again what their support of you has meant to me!!!! Thank you to all!!!!!