Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a Sight!

When I woke up this morning I was amazed to see an incredible sight. The moon was in total eclipse and had a reddish brown tint to it. By the time I left to workout at Gold's Gym it looked like this. (above)

I love what God allows us to see in our lives. I wanted to run in and wake up my girls of which I have done in the past for other similar events, but I didn't.

When I was done with my time on the treadmill, I came out and the moon was just about in "totality". There was only a remnant of the shadow that was cast during the eclipse and it was still as magnificent.

But I have to be clear that although I have been amazed at the astounding beauty of this world and the unbelievable intricacy and detail in which it is fashioned, I worship the Creator and not the creation.

Romans 1:25 says: "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the creator -who is forever praised."

Join me in praising Him for all that He is - all that He does - all that He has planned - and lets enjoy what He has given us to enjoy.

-John

No comments: