Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Not-So-Secretarial-Type

Pastor Paul and I were very busy in the church office today. Shari walked in the office to say hello and saw us playing secretary. She couldn't help but burst out laughing.

You see this past week pastor Paul and I have been busy do a few chores around the office.
This past Sunday Pastor Paul actually put the bulletin together, and this week I assembled the January Newsletter.

Now before you laugh too, we are not claiming to be the secretarial-type; and It was very obvious to my wife when she saw us slaving away, folding and stamping newsletters.

I guess it is a little funny to see couple of middle-aged men scurrying around the office and being perplexed by a copy machine with that fish out-of-water look, or is that deer in the headlights?

I suppose its's not too funny when we see person in the body of Christ floundering to accomplish a task that is not their gift, when all around are those who are gifted and refuse to take up the banner because conditions are not what they desire.

I am guilty! I have stood by too many times and watched a fellow believer fail miserably when I could have stepped in to do what God had obviously prepared me to do. Bless that person for their effort, and their willingness to do what needed to be done in spite of their weakness. Shame on me for watching with a critical eye and a judgemental word, when all they were doing was what needed to be done.

Thank God for forgiveness and praise Him for second chances. Bless His Holy name for allowing us to learn from our mistakes instead of casting us aside and abandoning us because we chose to be stubborn.

Are you guilty like I have been? Do you want a second chance? Take it. God is a God of second chances. We should be like Him.

John Martinez

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If anyone gets one of the newsletters that are printed upside down on one side... well, let's just say... o.k. o.k. I did it... but let's keep that between you and me.