Monday, May 11, 2009

2009 GRADS


(Top left to Right) Jessica Martinez, Carissa Mathews
(Bottom Left to Right) Jordan Crider, Silas Thompson, Andy Yung
(Jake Hanchey not pictured)


Congrats to our 2009 High School Graduates!

Eastside Baptist Church stands proud to celebrate our 2009 High School Graduates. We had a wonderful time this past Saturday hearing stories that left us laughing and proud of their accomplishments.

I choked up several times as I listened to moms and dads tell their stories, and I could hardly look at Jessica in the face as I spoke of her, because I didn't want to blubber all over myself.

Sunday May 24th will be yet another time we honor these 'grads' in our 10:30 morning service.

-John

6 comments:

lora said...

What a great group of kids! It will be fun to see where the Lord leads them...

Pastor John said...

You're right Lora, I have really appreciated Jordan and his jovial intelligence. He is quite the young man.

I also look forward to the years ahead seeing Ryan become what God has planned for her. You and Matt have done a great job raising your children.

-John

Malcolm Turner said...

Hi John

Thanks for your post. In particular your title, "Mind's attention, heart's affection."

I was seeking help in this area of development and found your blog site. I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to keep one's attention from being inappropriately misplace by one's affection.

Email: malcolm_in_the_middle_of_new_zealand@hotmail.com

Thanks John

Malcolm =)

lora said...

Please tell Shari "Thank You" for the fabulous evening for our kids!! She throws a great party :)

Pastor John said...

Thanks Lora, All the moms did great!

Pastor John said...

Hello Malcom,

The title for my BLOG is based on my Worship Statement. It was first stated to me by my Seminary Professor who frequently told his students that Worship is focusing our Mind's Attention and Heart's Affection on the Lord in Response to His Greatness...

I suppose our affections can be placed just about anywhere we want these days. But ultimately wherever we fix our gaze (Heart's Affection) is where our Mind's Attention will be.

Blessings,

-John