Friday, November 21, 2008

End of Phase Two

This week marks the end of Phase 2 for Chaplain's Officer Leadership Course. This was a very happy day for me. What this means is that I am in the final phase of school!!! Woo! Hoo!

The fantastic part of the last phase is NO HOMEWORK!! All those papers, assignments, philosophical briefs, and research, is done.

We'll kick off this phase with about three days in the field. Will be in a FOB (Forward Operating Base) environment. December is not the warmest months for this, but we
we'll just have to bundle up with what they call "snivel gear". (Warm clothing)

I will be preaching while we're out in the field. Monday afternoon about 4:30pm. My sermon is titled "Is God Fair?"

I am sure they will be throwing a few surprises at us like mortar shells in the middle of the night to keep us sleep deprived, and a few other mind games as well. I am sure when I get back on Wednesday, I will just want to take a shower and go to sleep.

I getting more excited about seeing Shari when she arrives here the first of December. We will be participating in a Marriage Conference called "Strong Bonds" at Ridgecrest Conference Center in North Carolina. The marriage conference will serve as training for us to facilitate "Strong Bonds" conferences for soldiers in Idaho.

By the way, every good Southern Baptist should make their trek to both Glorieta and Ridgecrest. I have been to Glorieta several times, so now I'll be a "Real" Southern Baptist.

-John

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all sounding good John. I know that you and your family will be thankful when this lengthy time is over.

You'll have to tell me what it feels like to be a real "Southern Baptist" when you get home.

Shari said...

I can count the days left on one hand!!!! Love you!!!