Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Couple of Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the neat stuff we have been able to enjoy while here in South Carolina. There is lots of early American History here.

Here I am preparing to give a brief about Civil War icon Major Anderson who was noted for his Maverick style of command. His actions contributed to the start of of the Civil War, and the decimation of Fort Sumpter.

Inside Fort Sumpter near Charleston, SC.

On board a Carrier outside Charleston near Fort. Sumpter.


Leading worship during the retreat day at Victory Ranch.

All is well, and I am looking forward to being home.

-John

7 comments:

Shari said...

Liked seeing the pictures! I also like your new shirt in the last one :). Looking forward to seeing what your world has been the last several weeks, but more so looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks and one day. I don't have the hours figured in just yet. Love you!!!

Pastor John said...

:) Start the count-down....

I got that shirt at Walmart on the Clearance Rack for $3.

-J

Shanna Locker said...

Don't you just love clearance racks?!?! Shari showed me a few of the things she has found on clearance - things she'll be wearing on her trip to see you - they are very nice and she'll look lovely in them. Shari and I had coffee this morning and the dogs had a chance to wear each other out.
Without detail, I have to tell you that Shari really helped me yesterday and I appreciate her so very much. She can give you detail if she wants to. She is really in countdown-mode to see you.
Blessings, ~Shanna~

Unknown said...

Not much longer now!

Shari said...

Two weeks from today I'll be on that plane!!!

Pastor John said...

Woo! Hoo! I can't wait. It is really close. We just finished Phase II yesterday and we are officially into our final Phase of training.

PT Test on Friday morning. 0515hrs. (that's 0'Dark-Thirty)

-J

Shari said...

Keep up the great work. You are on the downhill side for sure now. 3 weeks left for school, but 1 week and 6 days 'til I get there!!!!!