Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good To Go!


I suppose I knew I would be heading back to finish up the final phases of training at Chaplain School in South Carolina, soon enough, but today I got the final piece in the puzzle and I am as they say in the Army "Good To Go".


I wll be departing on the 25th of October to Fort Jackson, SC, Chaplain School. I will graduate on December 12th and hopefully Shari will be in he audience.


My Church has been more supportive in this endeavor than I deserve. Their flexiblity as well as those individuals who are enthusiastically willing to cover my responsibilities while I am away is representative of the "family" we have come to know as Eastside Baptist Church.


You can't hide love, and you have shown it to Shari and the girls and I through your actions and support.


As always, I will maintain an active BLOG, however, I will warn you that the last half of Chaplain School is not quite as exciting as the first half where I was going through Smoke Chambers, Challenge Courses, Jumping off towers, and climbing over walls. So please don't be too disappointed if my Blogging has more to do with less.


Thank you in advance for watching out for Shari and the girls. I am sure they will appreciate your occassional dropping by and call to see how they are doing. I cannot express how much this truly means to me while I am away.


-John Martinez

3 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

I'll help take good care of your family and Coda while you are gone. I'm sure it does make being away easier knowing that there are people here she can depend on. Glad things worked out for you.
~Shanna~

Shari said...

God is so good to us in that I have such a peace with John being gone for such a long time. I too feel the love and support of a loving church family that continues to bless our family beyond comprehension. Thank you to ALL!!
Shari

Pastor John said...

Thank Shanna,

I'm sure that if Coda an just hang out with Lottie from time to time he will be OK.