Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Arrived in South Carolina

I suppose there are no real good times to be gone, but at the same time, I am convinced that god has a plan and a timing in everything.

I am thrilled to hear that all is going so well back home in Twin Falls. I hear that Brad did fantastic, and that we even had a larger than normal attendance for Sunday morning. Woo Hoo!!

As expected, my schedule here in SC is rapid and full. I have been surviving on minimal sleep about 3 to 5 hours a night. Working on homework assignments. (turned in 4 just today) and constantly thinking about my family at both 1119 golden Pheasant AND 204 Eastland Drive North.

I am not too sure how often I will be able to keep an update, but I will do my best.

THINGS TO PRAY ABOUT:
- My computer is having difficulty accessing internet; This is not good since all my homework assignments are posted online. (I am currently on a lobby computer as I write.) Limited access to e-mail as well.
-Pray for my Physical Training Test on Friday October 31st. Push-ups, Sit-up, 2 Mile Run
-Pray for me to continue to lose weight. I don't have to be skinny but I do have to meet Army Standards for my age and height. (26% body fat)
-Pray for our student ministry at Eastside. Sunday School Teacher for the Youth Boys.

Blessings,

-John Martinez

2 comments:

Shari said...

Praying for you always, Honey! Missing you lots but seeing God's hands in all and praise Him for it!! Love you!!!!

Smokey

Unknown said...

Good update. We are and will continue praying for you brother.