Saturday, May 24, 2008

Made In Idaho

Have you seen these labels on products that say "Made In Idaho"? I run into them from time to time and I suppose it's a good idea to support our fellow Idahoans in their ventures, but I have to tell you that I didn't actually know any of these "Idahoans" personally until a few years ago.


Shari and I have some dear friends that live in Boise who actually have one of these "Made In Idaho" products that is one of their cherished family recipes. It's called "Harry's Teri". We have tried this yummy Teriyaki Sauce and it is just that-- YUMMY!



Ken and Pam Dillman have been our friends ever since I worked with Pam as a Family Assistance Counselor at Cloverdale Funeral Home in Boise. It was not long after knowing Pam that I discovered that her and Ken are fellow believers.



We were over to their home for dinner one night the first time we tasted it and our whole family was blown away. Although I know that it can be found on specialty shops as well as online, I don't understand why this stuff isn't on every store shelf across the country.



We've since ordered and eaten our way through several bottles as well as given some away as gifts. So the next time you have a hankerin' to put something mildly sweet and spicy on your chicken, burgers, or shrimp, check out their website: http://www.harrysteri.com/ .

Sorry to sound like an advertisement, but we really do like this stuff and Ken and Pam are about the sweetest family you'll meet on the planet, plus, I have recently been thinking about placing another order, so maybe at the next church potluck we'll have some on hand.

-John M

No comments: