Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back To School

Yesterday was my first day back to class. I am taking two classes once again; I think I would be crazy to take any more than that at this point in my life.

For those of you who are new to my BLOG, I have been taking online classes through the Distance Learning Program of Liberty Baptist Seminary. I am doing this to finish my educational requirement for the Chaplaincy in the National Guard.

I am taking History of Baptists and Systematic Theology II. As always, the professors have introduced themselves and basically tried to put the fire under our tails from the start of classes.

In no time at all I will be walking around with dark rings under my eyes and dragging my feet, but that's ok, I should be back to normal in another 8 weeks.

I have no doubt that my BLOG entries will reflect what I am studying, and you may even catch a debate or two from me regarding Calvinism and Arminianism. This is a huge part of Baptist history so if I step on a toe or two along the way, please accept my humblest apologies in advance. However, you have my permission to challenge my thinking along the way via the "comment" button - and you can even do it as "anonymous" if you would like.

Have You ever wondered what T.U.L.I.P stands for? We may may just find out together.

Blessings,

-John

3 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

T - Total Depravity
U - Unconditional Election
L - Limited Atonement
I - Irresistable Grace
P - Perserverance of the Saints
(do I get an A+?)
These 5 things, when really understood and studied, will shed a new light on what Christ did for us on the cross and will bless your socks off! They can also make your best friends hate you...
Enjoy the learning.

Unknown said...

Hey John,
I know that this may not fit your reading or view schedule but I have found John Piper to be an amazing teacher of the word. He has a seminar on line in which he teaches TULIP. The best teaching I've ever come across on the subject.

https://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Seminars/1727_TULIP_Part_1/

Pastor John said...

A+ to both of you!

:-)

John