Friday, November 16, 2007

Question

Ok, I wonder if I can ask you a question? I guess I just did. How about a different one?

What do you think should happen when a person intentionally enters the presence of a person of great importance?

I mean what if a person got it in their mind that they wanted to make an appointment to meet their most favorite actor. Or, maybe they wanted to visit the White House and meet the President of the United States.

How would YOU react if you were walking down the street and suddenly a Limo pulls up and out steps Elvis Presley. Yes I know, Elvis is dead, but you get the point.

What would you do? Would you just stand there and wait for Elvis to speak first? Would you start screeching like an eighth grader? Maybe you would just faint?

Ok, now what about Jesus? What if the clouds open up and in the midst of angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus and trumpets blaring the 1812 Overture, what would you do? Would you fall on your face and begin to worship? Would you start crying? Would you be glad to see Him or would you be scared?

Well, if it helps, I don't know what I would do either. But I would love to invite you to click on the following link and read a short story. http://64.13.216.130/the_roomtext.php

Blessings,

John M

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey John,
I really like the story you found here. WOW. I recently re-read the book "Stop Dating the Church" by Josh Harris, he has an interesting way of seeing things.

Gen said...

Thanks for sharing that powerful story with us, Pastor John.

Gen

Pastor John said...

Thanks Gen and Paul,

I read this story to our youth this past Wednesday and I remeber hearing several years ago... very intense and the reality is startling.

-John