Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm Back (To the BLOG) and FREE GIFT

For the last two months I have felt a necessary obligation to BLOG and keep everyone up to date on my time at Chaplain School. But once I got back and saw everyone face to face, I took a break from the obligation. Thanks for the break - Ahhhhhhhh! I needed the rest.

But I'm Back!

I was recently reading Pastor Paul's BLOG and I see that he is writing his first Novel. Wow, I am impressed. http://bridgebloggin.blogspot.com/

I heard someone say one time that once you turn 40, its a good time to write a book. I am not sure how true that is and if Pastor Paul is reflecting the standard, (40 year old) but I have enjoyed reading what he has written so far.

I am not sure that I will ever write anything in the form of a book whether for fun or study, but I am proud of our Pastor and I think he is uniquely qualified to give us a peek into the world of the wheels going round and round... LOL Go get 'em Bus Driver!

I was reading another BLOG in recent days by a "Pastor John" from Alabama. He inspired me to do something I am hoping will work for me as well.... Here goes:

If you are a regular reader of my BLOG, I would like to say thank you by giving you a gift. Just Respond to this POST by commenting with your name and address and let me know how often you stop by to read my BLOG.

If you do, I will send you a FREE gift. It will not be a super expensive gift, but I will try to make it worth your response. I will try to get the gift mailed out to you before Christmas so be sure to give me an accurate mailing address to your work or home or whatever works best for you.

I really want to do this for you if you regularly read my BLOG, so please help me out:

Here is the run down one more time:
1. Comment to this posting.
2. Tell me how often you read my BLOG.
3. Give me your name and address.
4. Be ready to get a gift from me.

If you do not have a Blogger Account name, that's ok too. Just comment as "anonymous" and that should work too but keep in mind you still have to tell me who you are so I can send you the gift. If that does not work then send me an e-mail to john@esbctwinfalls.com with the same info.

By the way for all you "shy" types, I really do want to know who you are so help me out if at all possible. Thanks!

-John M

6 comments:

Shanna Locker said...

Hi John, I check for new posting on your blog everyday. There are only 2 other people whose blogs I follow - one guy from Liberty and my dear Christine. It is yet another way to stay in touch with people during the week.
Shanna Locker
1139 S. Adell
Filer, ID 83328
I most definitely enjoyed the worship service this morning! God is SO good!

Unknown said...

Hey John,
Your blog is bookmarked so I check quite often. I'm always on the look out for a free gift too.

I check 2 to 3 times a week. If you don't mind, I won't leave my address here because I don't trust everyone on the Internet.

I've been up writing more on my novel; it sounded like a fun thing to try at the time, but I'm only 4,200 words into the 50,000 required for the National Novel Writing Month event I'm participating in.

Hey Shanna, how is Christine doing at the University?

Gen said...

Hi, Pastor John,

I check your blog every day. Your postings from SC were especially informative. Your pictures are always great.

Yesterday was a great day in the Lord. Both Sunday morning and Sunday evening were blessed.

Pastor John said...

Thanks everyone so far.... I appreciated the comments.

I will actually leave this Post up at the top for a while so it gets attention; That way it does not get buried under another post...

-John M

Shari said...

Hi honey. I fell behind reading your blog once you got home, but I always enjoy it. You don't need to send me a gift though :) I know that Mom and Dad keep up with it but don't post! They like it too!! Love you!!

Pastor John said...

Thanks for the posts: So far I have a few responders for which I am grateful. Shari, I will still send you the gift even though you say not to, but Mom and Dad need to respond in order to get the gift. The point is that I would like to know who is reading my BLOG... I hope they will respond by comment or e-mail.

-John M