Monday, February 26, 2007

National Guard Chaplain



Many of you know that I have been a "holding-pattern" waiting to hear back from the National Guard Bureau in Washington, DC as to whether they have approved my application to serve as a Chaplain for the Guard unit here in Twin Falls.

Well, I got word today, My application has been approved at the national level. This is awesome news, I still have to go before the State Board, but they state usually approves what has been approved at the Federal level. This will be mostly a formality, for the most part.

In March, I will have to go before the board and answer a few questions. I will take my Oath of Office and have my Ceremony on the same day. Everything will be held at Gowen Field in Boise.

I thanked God today for His affirmation on what He has allowed me to do. My hope is that my position at the Guard will foster relationships that could eventually lead to men and women coming to know the Lord. I know that this will also create another point of contact for our church to the community of Twin Falls.

I realize that many men and women who serve in the Guard, will come and speak to a Chaplain where they may not take the time to come and visit with a pastor at a church here in town.

I hope you are praising God with me for this exciting news! I am sure I will have more news in the days to come, but for now, it looks like I will be commissioned within a month. Wow!

Blessings,

John

3 comments:

Gen said...

Pastor JOhn, this is exciting news! I look forward to hearing about the "divine appointments" God gives you through this position.

Gen

Pastor John said...

Thanks Gen,

I appreciate the comments. No worries about the uNique sPelling of my nAme.

jOhn :)

Unknown said...

you're in the army now (again)
you're in the army now
You won't get rich
by digging a ditch
You're in the army now!

Congratulations John!