Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Final Stretch

Starting the last half of Chaplain School in October, I assumed that it would be over faster than I thought... BUT... It has felt like I have been here for a year. It seems like forever and I am very anxious to get home.

Nevertheless, I am in my final stretch. I know its true since Shari will be here tomorrow.

Woo! Hoo!

Shari is in for a very busy time of training while she is here as well.

She gets here Thursday night and we leave for North Carolina on Friday morning for a three day Conference. Then on Monday morning she will be in a Spouses' Seminar for another three days while I finish up my final week of classes.

I am so glad she will be here, but she may have second thoughts after next week.

Here are a couple more pics:

-John
Here we are going through a Sand Briefing. Basically, the command lays out a 2-D map on the ground and they walk us through the battlefield.

Room full of PRAYING Chaplains.

More Praying Chaplains.. I am wearing my black Field Jacket.

-John

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard word from Debbie Chidester in SLC that Shari and the girls are in the air. I prayed for them this morning for their journeying and for a blessed reunion for you and Shari. We'll see you soon brother.

Pastor John said...

We are now in North Carolina - Ridgecrest Lifeway Conference Center. By the way you know its SBC when the Bibles in the night stand are Holman Christian Standard.

This is a beautiful part of the country. We are done in one week and I will be home in 8 days.

Woo!! hoo!!

-John