Friday, June 29, 2007

Commissioning Ceremony Set

This weekend on Sunday July 1, 2007 at 6:30pm I will be ceremonially commissioned as a Chaplain Candidate into the Idaho National Guard and the US Army. I say 'ceremonially' because I was actually already commissioned earlier this month.

While the official event took place in the Chapel at Gowen Field, the commissioning ceremony will be held at the Eastside Baptist Church this Sunday evening.

I sincerely would love to see you there to help me celebrate a very important day in my life and for my family. At the very least there will be snacks and giveaways after the ceremony. ;)~

But seriously, I can't wait to see how this will open yet another door of opportunity and ministry for our church, and I am thrilled to know that God will have another facet of my life to use for His glory.

One of the greatest requests I would have of you as my church family is that you pray for me to have strength and enthusiasm to be there for everyone and everything that God intends through all He has allowed to take place in recent days and especially in the days and years to come.

God Bless You,

-John

2 comments:

shirley a. thompson said...

Pastor John...thanks for listening to and responding to God's call on your life. Pressing the boundaries as to how He might want to use you.

Wish we could have joined in your Commissioning service...but from Texas we say PTL! and salute our God.

Blessings and protection, my friend.

Paul's MoM <><

Pastor John said...

How Sweet and Sincere.

Thanks for your note. Working with Paul has been one of the greatest blessings God has given me. I really mean it!

-John