Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally Got It!

Ok Here is a story you never wanted to hear but I am going to tell you anyway.

I am now blogging to you from my "NEW" computer.
It is an HP Pavilion 9225, blah, blah, blah..... you get the point.

It does have some really cool stuff though, like a 17" monitor, and lots of really neat media stuff etc. I could even watch TV from this computer, it is really, really cool.

But of all of those neat gadgets, I am just thrilled to finally have a computer back on a regular basis. This has been "The summer of the computer".

At last, I don't have to sneak around from computer to computer just to write a PowerPoint for worship service each week or even just to check my e-mail. And I am really glad not to have to walk around with this thumb drive strapped around my neck like a geek. All in all I got a waaaaay better computer so it worked out to my advantage.

I am sad about one big thing. With the theft of my previous laptop, I have lost all of my files including all the schoolwork for the masters degree I am working on. And all the National Guard files and records I had accumulated. I hat even thinking about it.

Back-up disk you say??? I did run a back-up disk but I have had some difficulty actually opening the disk. So my friend Dan Steineke is working on that for me right now.

If you find yourself in a praying mood, perhaps you would consider praying that my laptop is recovered if at least for the data. It would be just about impossible to re-create everything I have lost. God is a mighty God, and I know that He knows right where it is. I would love it if He would, in His great wisdom and Sovereignty, reveal it's location for that benefit.

Blessings,

-John

No comments: